WHAT IS AFCDJS?
We are a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization composed of some 900 members dedicated to the preservation and perpetuation of our country's only original art form - Traditional Jazz. Since 1979, America's Finest City Dixieland Jazz Society (AFCDJS) has promoted Traditional Jazz, Dixieland, Ragtime and Swing throughout the San Diego area.
- Monthly Concerts at the Mississippi Room of the Lafayette Hotel & Suites, 2223 El Cajon Blvd., San Diego.
- The annual San Diego Jazz Fest over Thanksgiving; one of the premier festivals in the United States, featuring a wide variety of jazz styles.
- Educating young audiences and musicians about the heritage of jazz and how to play it.
- Monthly trad jazz Workshops at the San Diego Musicians' Union Hall.
- The JAZZ RAMBLER, a nationally-acclaimed newsletter which is published quarterly and includes news on local and national jazz events, historical articles and reviews.
- The Adult Traditional Jazz Camp. Since 1996, students have received instruction in concepts and techniques of traditional jazz, taught by veteran full-time traditional jazz musicians.
- An Archive of Small Band Music arrangements made available to school, youth groups and other community, church or professional music organizations.